- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
This definition was taken right out of the dictionary. In order to be mindful, we need to understand what is it about. Everyday we are on schedule, whether we are students, moms, entrepreneurs, have a 9-5 job….whatever our lifestyle, we are on schedule. The first step to mindfulness is take time to be present, to enjoy the very moment we are living, but when life takes over, we forget to do this and that’s when we fall into routine and stress.
Meditation and mindfulness is a common habit among many successful people and they do it on a daily basis to keep their attention in the top shape. Plus it helps with stress and improves health…who doesn’t want some extra TLC in their lives?
Who can meditate? anyone, you, me, the neighbor, my twins, there are no barriers. It doesn’t matter how old you are, what your physical ability is, if you’re religious or not…
I am sharing with you 5 apps that are a great start to practice mindfulness and meditation. I used them because they help me find balance and stillness in the constant motion of my busy life. I hope it helps you too.
5 Best Apps to Mindfulness
- CALM: I absolutely love this one. My favorite! I use it everyday for meditation practice.There are also breathing exercises, unguided meditations, sleep stories, and more than 25 soothing sounds to help you improve your sleep. and every few hours a mindfulness reminder that pops up in the phone screen. If you have never practice meditation, no worries, the Calm app has a beginner guide and finally a calendar with daily challenges to deepen your mindfulness practice and learn more about yourself. Get yours HERE
- The Chopra Center has various apps according to what you are looking for. One of my favorites is the 21 Day Meditation Challenge app. Every so often, Deepak and Oprah work together in creating a 21 day guided meditation challenge free to anyone who like to be more mindful. They usually have a specific theme and it’s about a 20 minute experience. I highly recommend this one.
- Oak: My husband uses this app for his meditation practice. It was voted by Apple the “2018 Apps We Love”. It has guided meditations with background music and you can track your progress, plus breathing exercises that can help you decompress. And if you love to listen to soothing music even when you sleep, that’s included too. It’s free!
- Chakra Pro: I love this app. There are 7 main energy centers in the body, known as chakras. Each one is located throughout our body so that it correlates to specific body ailment and physical dysfunctions; each energy center also houses our mental and emotional strengths. When we have a physical issue, it creates weaknesses in our emotional behavior. When we release the stale energy from the body, it can undo any tightness, stiffness, or malfunction of that area. The clearing of the energy can also balance our emotional state of mind. The cool thing about this app is that it uses frequencies and tones that you can listen to while doing other tasks.
- Wellbeyond: This app is designed for kids. My twins did the 21 Day Meditation challenge with Deepak Chopra and ever since, they ask me to join in my meditations. This app is designed for children 4 and up and you can use it on your ride to school. Meditation is an essential skill that can empower your child to experience a lifetime of resilience, kindness, and happiness.
One day by chance, or not, cause truly nothing comes by chance. Let’s start again! One day my energy guided me to the Josie Ong podcast called: Affirmation Pod and her 100 episode: “I Love Myself Version 2”. Ever since, this is the episode I start my day with, and I love it. She has close to 150 episodes but I chose to listen to that one again and again. It’s empowering and my twins also partake in this every morning.
This is my secret to daily balance…how its starts and how it ends, since I like to meditate before going to bed.
I hope this list helps you become more mindful every day and to find balance in your life. Remember to enjoy the journey and to take time each day to smell the roses…or any favorite flower you might have 🙂