Great things come when owning a restaurant: champagne, wine, amazing food, learning to know more about the culinary world….and then something better: getting to know awesome people! And that’s exactly how I met Jelena, my guest foodie of the month.
Jelena has an amazing instagram and blog called The Faux Foodie Girl, all about her love for incredible recipes, motherhood, books and wine (yay! someone that gets me). So when I decided to make a call for a great Valentine dish…..ring ring….well it was more like: insta message….Jelena agreed to share with me and therefore…YOU, her latest recipe.
This Valentine season, make sure to make space for this delicious soup that you can serve as an appetizer on any of your celebrations. After all, Valentines should be celebrated everyday.
Roasted tomato soup with beets
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 4-6 medium size of bee
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 strangs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 12 oz of homemade vegetable broth
- a bit of coconut milk
- Peel the shallots and and garlic and cut the shallots in half. Peel the beet and rougly cube it. Quarter the tomatoes. Place all of these ingredients on a baking tray aligned with baking paper or into a baking dish. Drizzle with one or two tablespoons of olive oil, the honey and season with sea salt, pepper and thyme. Add the strang of rosemary and cook at (400°F) for about 30 minutes.
- Place the roasted veggies and their juice in a saucepan, add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Puree the soup using a hand mixer or blender and season with salt and pepper and more honey if needed. If you want you can strain the soup with a colander to get rid of the skin and seeds of the tomatoes. I like my soup a little chunky, but that’s up to you.
- Serve the soup on four plates, and garnish with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and chopped rosemary.
Jelena is a Miami Mom! Make sure to show some love to Jelena on Instagram and Facebook at @FauxFoodieGirl