5 Quick Stops Before Sailing from Port Miami
Do you love cruises? If you are cruising from Port Miami and have a few hours or maybe a day to spare, I have great suggestions for you. All of them very close to port so the cruise do not set sail without you.
- Bayside Marketplace: Whether you’re looking for an obligatory floppy beach hat for your cruise or forgot your chancletas, the place has you covered with lots of stores to choose from, restaurants and great Miami and Bay views
- Museum Park’s Frost Science and PAMM: Here you can enjoy beautiful Bay views from the park, maybe catch a yoga class and then head to Perez Art Museum for amazing modern and contemporary art and finish at Frost Science, one of the only institutions worldwide with both a state-of-the-art planetarium and cutting edge aquarium.
- Jungle Island: One of our favorite parks with exotic animals and the famous flamingos, Jungle Island has re-opened its doors with new attractions, including a water park and a zipline.
- Espanola Way: If you find yourself in South Beach take a stroll through Espanola Way, a unique little street between Washington and Pennsylvania Avenues lined with romantic Mediterranean style buildings, shops and restaurants and they feature daily events like Flamenco Shows, Opera, Salsa night and much more. This is one of my favorites!
- CALLE 8: Although it is a little further away, I recommend to call a car service and go to Calle 8. Calle Ocho is the center of Cuban life and culture in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood. This vibrant street is known for its Cuban restaurants, popular ventanitas and Cuban bakeries and colorful street festivals. Go to the little plaza where they play dominos, have a cafecito or colada at Versailles, and visit some of their cigar shops to purchase habanos and take them as souvenirs for your friends.
These are my top 5, you get a little bit of everything and a lot of fun! Let me know in the comments below how it goes.
Looking to spice up your week or heading out with the family? Subscribe to the Monthly Social Calendar
+ See more Explore Miami with Me